Learn the steps for installing Copper
There are 3 parts to setting up your Copper device.
- Creating a Home
- Connecting your Copper
- Connecting your meter
The animation below will demonstrate the steps.
1. Creating a Home
- Go to the App Store and install the Copper Home Energy Monitoring app. (Note: Do not install the Copper Mobile Technician app).
- After installing the Copper app you will be prompted to set up the entry for your home.
- Be sure to allow Copper access to your location.
- Set Up your home by confirming your address.
2. Connecting your Copper device
- Next, connect your Copper Device. Copper will attempt to identify your network. Note - Copper requires a connection to a 2.4 GHz network. If Copper does not identify the correct network you can enter it manually.
- You'll receive a confirmation when the connection is complete.
3. Connecting your meter
- Your final step is to connect your meter. You'll be prompted to take a picture of your meter for identification by Copper.
- Copper will identify your meter - this can take up to a few hours to complete.
- Once complete you have access to your meter data in the Copper App.