Suggestions on how to determine if you are on a 2.4GHz network
1. You can use Windows to determine the frequency of your network. The video below shows you the steps.
2. There are apps for the iPhone and Android that will check your WiFi network and identify its settings. Examples include:
2. If you'd rather DIY, you can check the WiFi settings on your smartphone by going to Settings>WiFi (or Wireless & Networks) on your smartphone.
Do you see your WiFi network?
- If you only see one WiFi network name you should be able to set up your Copper with this WiFi connection.
- If you see your network has 2 or more names, one may be a 5 GHz connection.
- A 2.4 GHz network may have 24 or "2.4," or "24" appended to the end of the network name.
- A 5 GHz network may have "5g" or "5" appended to the end of the network name.
Copper will attempt to identify the correct network. If it cannot you can enter the name and password manually.