Suggestions on getting your Copper to connect to your meter
Copper works better the closer it is to your meter.
All meters broadcast via a radio transmitter and Copper is designed to listen for meters broadcasting in a certain range of frequencies. Consequently, your Copper's performance and the quality of meter data it reports will be impacted by how many walls/floors are between Copper and the meter, construction materials, and overall distance.
- Confirm that Copper is connected to your WiFi (confirm WiFi)
- Lessen the distance to the meter
- Try to locate Copper close to a window.
- Move the Copper as close to the meter as possible
- If it cannot hear your meter within a few hours, try plugging Copper in upside down to change the antenna position.
- If you are seeing a message that specifically states says "Unable to connect to your ... meter" here are additional suggestions (Unable to Connect).