To connect an AMI SmartMeter to Copper, you will need to provide SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) credentials to PG&E and the meter must be enabled by PG&E for a "join" for Copper to find it.
- Start by installing Copper mobile, creating your home, and connecting the Copper gateway. If you are unfamiliar with the process these articles should help:
Installing Copper - Android (Video)
Installing Copper - iPhone (Video)
- Next, request that we connect the meter from Copper mobile.
- Copper Support will then send you the SEP credentials that you will need to provide to PG&E.
- Some PG&E customers have access to a portal that allows you to do this yourself. Instructions for using the portal are shown below.
- If you do not have access to the portal please let us know and we can try to contact PG&E on your behalf.
Once this has been completed Copper should be able to recognize your device and connect it to your account.